Monday 6 May 2013

A day late, but I'm sure we will all live.

So this week I was busy and got stuff done.
I made a couple of low sugar jams.
First was the kumquat jam.


And then the loquat lime jam..


They are kind of like a cross between a cherry and an apricot.

I also went to a beekeeping 101 class offered by OC Beekeepers.
There I leaned about stingless bee suits and not eating bananas before checking the hive.
I also attended a board meeting of the Rare Fruit Growers.
I think we will be going to Hawaii after all. I got tempted watching the Fruit Hunters...




We visited the new space yesterday and it is lovely. They are hoping to open their doors by the end of June.
I am feeling blessed.


1 comment:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cat girl ... I so love your jams!!
It looks so delicious : )
Yes .. we had a heavy frost warning here and knew of snow falling in odd places again .. so weird .. but I am lucky to have my gardens in almost a micro climate .. especially the back garden .. I think because I have so many PLANTS and trees they keep each other warm? LOL
I have lots to do today and since the weather is better I have to get to it ! .. enjoy your classes, my god you are so energetic .. I wish I was more like you !! ;-)
Joy
PS .. I better bananas emit a type of odor that upsets the bees .. I know .. they give me .. gas ? LOL
Joy ;-)